Reference Services within the Library
The reference desks are located in the central wing, on the library entrance floor (floor 700).
The main purpose of the library's reference service is to supply high quality, effective, attentive, and professional consultation to the faculty and students of Haifa University on library information resource utilization, for their study and research needs.
The service is tailored to the changing individual needs and abilities of our clients, and focuses on providing tools for locating information independently. The service includes:
- A reference interview to determine the patron's information needs.
- Locating the appropriate information and retrieving it.
- Providing expertise on independent information search es.
* A reference consultation session generally lasts 15 minutes
Media reference services specializes in audio and music subjects, art, archeology, Israel, geography, as well as environmental studies, cinematography, and theater.
Reserves media desk services include: reference and advice on how to locate information, audiovisual item loan, and assistance in utilizing library audiovisual items – videos, DVDs, digital image collections, cartography, music, and theater.
The reserves media desk also provides advice on:
- Books that were transferred to the reserved collection by faculty.
- Psychological assessment tool collection.
- Faculty private books intended for their students use.
* Graduate students are welcome to set up a 1X 1 reference session in their subject area.